1. PAYMENT: Payment in full. 50% refundable if cancelled up to 15 business days prior to departure date. The Big Red Bus Company wants you to book our double decker buses when you are certain of your event.
(i) 50% penalty for cancellation.
(ii) 100% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 14 business days before departure.
(iii) Any non-refundable deposits paid to suppliers or expenses incurred on behalf of a client will be billed to the client regardless of cancellation. All reservations shall be held on a tentative basis and will only be confirmed and guaranteed upon signature of the contract and monies received.
3. ADDITIONAL CHARGES: When, at the request of the Chartering Party, any change in service resulting in additional miles or hours to that specified on the charter service order produced, an additional charge shall be made for such additional service. Where alcohol is involved, an alcohol deposit may be required. Alcohol and other security deposits are subject to vary. Tolls, highway fees, parking fees, etc. will be separate and additional elements in the determination of any additional charges. The Big Red Bus Company will notify the Chartering Party of any additional charges that may be expected to be incurred at the time of the original order. Any additional fees unforeseen prior to the departure of the charter are the responsibility of the Chartering Party.
4. DRIVER HOURS: Federal Department of Transportation safety regulations prohibit drivers to be on duty more than fifteen (15) hours per day, ten (10) of which are for driving (including a thirty (30) minute pre and post trip vehicle inspection). The driver must be given eight (8) consecutive hours off before resuming duties.
5. DAMAGES TO BUSES: The cost of repairing damage to buses resulting from acts of members of the Chartering Party shall be charged to the Chartering Party and is payable as soon as such cost is determined. THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY Double Decker buses are usually plain red in color, but we do not guarantee them to be red when they are booked for a charter.THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY has advertising contracts and contracts with various media company’s.These company’s may require the wrapping and covering of our buses for advertising.THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY rents Double Decker buses and does not guarantee them to be plain red.
6. ARRIVAL TIME: The time of arrival at starting point, stop-over point, destination, or return to point of origin cannot be guaranteed. The Operators are pre-selected and have instructions to drive at all times in compliance to all governing laws. Unusual road, traffic and weather conditions are beyond the control of The Big Red Bus Company and the Operator, and delays occasioned by same will not be the responsibility of The Big Red Bus Company or the Operator. Late arrivals due to these and other occurrences out of the control of the Operator are not grounds for cancellation of the charter. Your charter begins when the bus arrives and you are not charged until the bus phisically arrives at the pick up location.Any late arrival time will be added at the end of the charter so you receive the correct number of hours.
7. EQUIPMENT: (1) Equipment furnished by the service provider is thoroughly inspected before being assigned to the charter service to insure uninterrupted service. If for some reason beyond the control of The Big Red Bus Company or the service provider, a mechanical failure makes necessary the replacement of a bus originally assigned to the charter service, the replacement bus may be of a different type. VCR equipment is installed on some of the over the road motor coaches. Request for VCR equipped coaches will be honored to the best of our ability, but is not guaranteed. Only non-copyrighted videocassettes are permitted. The following is important information from a Summary Statement prepared by the Film Security Office of the Motion Picture Association of America Inc. provided for your information: By law the prerecorded video cassettes available in stores throughout the United States are for HOME USE ONLY. The U.S. Copyright Act grants to the copyright owner the EXCLUSIVE right among others, to perform the copyrighted work publicly, (U.S. Code Title 17, Sections 101 and 106). Even performances in semipublic places such as clubs, lodges, factories, summer camps, and schools are public performances subject to copyright control. Companies, organizations and individuals who wish to publicly exhibit copyrighted motion pictures and audiovisual works MUST secure a license to do so. THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE SHOWING OF COPYRIGHTED VIDEOCASSETTES. This requirement applies EQUALLY to profit making organizations and non-profit institutions. Purchases of prerecorded videocassettes and videodiscs do not change their obligations. In addition, public performance of videotape recordings made from televised motion pictures is a multiple copyright infringement. (2) Equipment size is not guaranteed and is only an estimate based on information at time of booking. What is guaranteed is that the vehicles provided will accommodate the number of passengers specified in the reservation confirmation.
8. BAGGAGE: Neither The Big Red Bus Company, nor the service provider, assumes any responsibility whatsoever for any personal property. Baggage and all other personal property will be processed only at passengers’ own risk. Passengers’ baggage shall be carried subject to the available accommodations (as determined solely by the service provider) provided by interior and/or exterior racks.
9. OBJECTIONABLE PERSONS: The Big Red Bus Company and its service providers reserve the right to refuse to transport persons under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, or who are, or are likely to become, objectionable to other persons or if the driver feels threatened in any way.
10. CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS: Passengers shall not obstruct with the Operator in the discharge of his/her duty or tamper with any apparatus or appliance on the bus.
11. FIRE ARMS, EXPLOSIVES AND FIREWORKS: Possession of firearms, explosives and fireworks (whether in baggage or on the person) are strictly forbidden on the motor coach
12. SKI-BOOT HOLDERS: Because or their hard shape corners which present a safety hazard, ski-boot holders may not be carried in baggage compartments underneath the bus. Passengers shall refrain from wearing ski boots inside the vehicle.
13. UNUSUAL CLEANING: In the event that the charter trips activities require greater than normal amount of time and material necessary to clean bus properly upon its return to garage, The Big Red Bus Company, at its option, may require additional cost to cover such additional time and materials.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY, NOR THE SERVICE PROVIDER, SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT OR FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY OR SERVICE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT NEITHER THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY, NOR THE SERVICE PROVIDER, SHALL, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN $100. THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY OR THE SERVICE PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE, LOSS, DAMAGE, DELAY OR IRREGULARITY CAUSED BY ACTS OF NATURE OF GOD, AUTHORITY OF LAW, ACCIDENTS, MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN, ROAD CONDITIONS, WORK STOPPAGES OR ANY OTHER CONDITION BEYOND THE CONTROL OF EITHER THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY OR THE SERVICE PROVIDER. THE BIG RED BUS COMPANY AND THE SERVICE PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ITEMS LEFT ON THE BUS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: LUGGAGE, CLOTHING, JEWELRY, CASH, CAMERAS, ETC.
15. FORCE MAJEURE: Neither party shall be liable for failure or delay in performing obligations set forth in this agreement, and neither party shall be deemed in breach of its obligations, if such failure or delay is due to natural disasters, strike, lock-out, or other industrial or transportation disturbances, law, regulation or ordinance, or any causes reasonably beyond the control of such party.
16. PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE: All prices quoted in the confirmation are subject to change under the circumstances described (a.) If the price of diesel fuel increases by more than twenty percent (20%) between the date of the confirmation and the date of the charter, The Big Red Bus Company may charge a fuel surcharge; (b.) If there is a change in the federal, state or local laws or regulations or market conditions between the date of the confirmation and the date of the charter that (i.) Require material modifications be made to the motor coach chartered under the confirmation prior to the date of the charter; (ii.) Cause The Big Red Bus Company to incur material additional or increased expenses in providing the charter services; (c) If due to market conditions or order discrepancies the estimated cost of the trip is higher than the initial estimate.
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or written with respect to the subject matter hereof.
18. NO ASSIGNMENT: The Chartering Party may not assign this Agreement or any of their respective rights, interests, duties or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the other party. The Big Red Bus Company may assign this Agreement and any of its rights, interests, duties or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the Chartering Party.
19. PROHIBITED ITEMS: The following items and activities are prohibited without the written consent of The Big Red Bus Company: (i.) Decorations; (ii.) Alcoholic Beverages; (iii.) Smoking; (iv.) Glass containers; (v.) Golf shoes or other shoes with spikes; (vi.) Fuel containers; (vii.) Generators. No tap beer is allowed on any bus. Where alcohol is allowed on a chartered bus, all passengers must be 21 years of age and older to ride on the bus and a valid id with a photo is required for verification.
20. ADA / SPAB NOTICE: Any group that requires an ADA accessible or SPAB Certified bus & driver is requested to inform The Big Red Bus Company in writing at the time of the reservation.